Listening To: Gene – For The Dead
For many o’ years now, I’ve been semi-against automatic blog hosts. But these days, I’ve become lazy with my website and needed a new way to blog about my life and all related crap. I have used Vox in the past (and still use it for a fanfiction blog that I’m writing with my friend Sarah R) but it takes a long time to load. Thus, my search for a different host.
So, this morning I looked about for a blog host that came with several different features:
- Free. Free, free, free. As they say, the best things in life are free – this includes blog hosts.
- Customizable. Not just an assortment of different layouts with different banner images, but the ability to make something that is almost completely your own.
- No big, fugly ads. Because ads just make a blog look awful, generally.
- A somwhat short URL, something that’s easy to remember.
- And last but not least, tag-able posts. This was something I discovered using Vox but wasn’t able to figure out in my own website. I know there is a way to do it- but I’m too friggin’ lazy to figure it out.
And so here I am, on Blogspot. Go figure.
So, completely different topic now. I just finished a most delicious supper: heated-up KCF. The good quality taters are hard to come by- a lot of KFCs in my area have stopped serving them. I have no freakin’ why either. They are magnificent.
Mom picked up some strawberries, a couple bananas and some strawberry-banana yogurt for me. I’m starting to do some experimenting with the blender that Grandma got me for my birthday. I’ve already made one smoothie the other day that my friend suggested. It was magical. Here’s the recipe for that one:
- 1 ripe banana cut into pieces
- 2 ice cubes, crushed
- 2 table spoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of chocolate milk
- Blend together until liquid.
Dad’s in the living room, watching a pirated copy of Across The Universe. I want desperately to go out there and watch it too… but I shall not. I’m getting my own copy next week and it will be wonderful after having waited so long to see it again. Until then, I have to put headphones on and play my music louder than usual. Arg.
Well, so far, this blog isn’t really college-themed at all. But what the hell. There’s always tomorrow.