In my own research to decide what questions to ask while on my campus visit on Thursday, I found a few websites on the topic that others might find helpful.
At EducationPlanner.org, they suggest asking some of these questions (and many more):
- Do freshmen live in their own dorms? How do I feel about living in a single-sex or co-ed dorm?
- Are the dorms quiet or noisy? Do they seem crowded?
- What’s advertised on dorm and classroom bulletin boards? What does this tell me about campus life?
- How easy is to get to places off campus? Are there places within walking distance?
- Are there places to get extra furniture, like bookcases, for your dorm room?
And here are some questions that I am personally going to ask on Thursday:
- Are students permitted to keep a fish tank in the residence?
- What would an average weekly schedule be like?
- What are all the classes included in the Journalism program?
- Can we put posters on the walls of our room with sticky tack (since tape/tacks are not allowed)?
- Do rooms of the residence come with a toaster and/or microwave?
- How much clearance is available underneath the beds in the residence (for storage purposes)?