General Tips For Summer Road Trips (Part 2 of 2)
Recently, I wrote an article about ways to save money while road tripping. Now, as the second part to that article, here are some general tips to enhance your summer road trip.
- Have a plan- but don’t make it too strict. Before the trip, put together a trip itinerary. Leave a couple hours free each day of the trip in case something comes up.
- Prescriptions, allergy medications and Tylenol– bring ’em! Driving, lack of sleep and even breaking from your daily routine can cause headaches, so be prepared.
- Bring music! Have everyone going on the trip make 1 or 2 mixed CDs for the road. Make sure to include music that everyone will enjoy- or at least, pretend to enjoy.
- Make sure to bring your digital camera and take about a thousand million pictures. (Then pick the best ones and upload them to Facebook to make your friends jealous… Notice how I said “pick the best ones” and not “upload all thousand million pictures”.)
- Take turns driving and navigating. (Make sure one person isn’t doing this at the same time- it’s a matter of safety.)
- Get refreshed. Driving for several hours can make a person feel disgusting. To feel a little less dirty, keep long hair in a ponytail, wear comfortable clothing and always have mints on you. Stop at rest stops now and then to stretch your legs.
(Photo by whatnot.)