I just realized… I’M the weirdo roommate!
College Countdown: 14 days
I still don’t have a roommate yet. I’m not even worrying about it anymore. I’ve got a lot of other stuff on my mind at the moment- the person I’ll be co-habiting with doesn’t really matter at this point. We’ll either be a) just roommates and nothing else, b) pals that live together or c) enemies. I’m hoping for option A or B but C is always a possibility.
I mean, I was thinking, “I hope she’s not some sort of freak or anything.” But then I got to thinking that… “What kind of roommate will I seem like when we first meet?”
I soon realized that I’m going to appear as the weirdo roommate. I’m not just weird though. I have several traits that are… less than attractive. In fact, there’s a good chance I’m going to creep/annoy my roommate out considerably. And I’ll tell you why.
- I dress predominantly in red, black and white.
- I have an emo hair cut and wear big rock-stye earrings.
- I’m tattoo’d in several places.
- I’m a picky eater.
- I only wear toe socks.
- I listen to some punk music, a lot of alternative but mostly indie.
- I ***ing hate most pop music.
- I sometimes curse like a sailor.
- I spend way too much time online.
- I’m sarcastic and sometimes have a dark sense of humor.
- I make fun of people for being stupid.
- I’m stubborn when it comes to being right, especially when I know I am.
- I sometimes correct the grammar of others without thinking about it.
- If I’m in need of a sugar fix, I’m not above stealing snacks from my roommate’s “secret” stash.
- I’m agnostic and generally against organized religion.
- I’m doing my room in red and black.
- I’m in love with Henry VIII (yes, the English king that had two of his wives beheaded).
- I collect action figures. Some of mine include: Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, Edward Scissorhands, Elizabeth Bathory and Jack The Ripper.
- …and my personal favorite…
- I recently bought 4 posters to match my black-and-red theme and went with four of my fav things: Dexter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Chicago and Sweeney Todd: (respectively) a TV show about a serial killer who chops up his victims, a movie about transvestite aliens who cannibalize Meatloaf (the singer, not the food), a movie about two murderesses and a movie about “the demon barber of Fleet Street”.
(For the record, I’m not an emo. I’m far too happy to be an emo. I just think the hair, clothes and earrings look cool. Plus, I don’t listen to too much emo music. I prefer Death Cab to My Chem any day of the week. And if any emo people are reading this: be not offended, I am one person who will not make fun of you, as we’re all a little emo sometimes.)