I’m home for the weekend. I was going to stay at college this weekend but, ultimately, I’m glad I took the trip home. Home = me time. And I miss that. Also, I needed to catch up on some school work.
While I’m home, I thought I’d take the time to search out some useful articles on something I’ve dealt with this week: stress due to poor time management.
On Monday, I went to a movie with friends. On Tuesday, I went to a bar with friends. On Wednesday, I did laundry, washed dishes, did homework, did an interview for school and wrote an article for myUsearch. On Thursday, I crashed. Seriously. I pretty much fell asleep on my face. I hadn’t even meant to have a nap- I just laid on my bed for a couple minutes. When I woke up, my face hurt. It was not my finest hour, to say the least.
Here are a couple time management tips that I’ve learned on my own this week:
- Do keep track of everything in a day planner. I would be lost without mine. This means homework assignments, school projects, due dates, chores (laundry, dishes, etc.), bands you’d like to see, movie dates with friends, parties, etc.
- Don’t plan an outing for every night of the week. (Unless you like falling asleep in class.)
- Do make lists of the things you have to do. (Items on this list should not include “Party” or “Drink vodka.”)
- Don’t ignore yourself. (Personally, I would crawl up in a ball and sob quietly if I didn’t have my Me Time. I just need it.) If you have a hobby, make some time to pursue it.
- Do prioritize. Make school work and projects a priority. You’re here to learn… even if it’s the last night that new Seth Rogen movie is playing at the theatre.
- Don’t nap too much. It’ll either make you groggy or you won’t be able to get to sleep later. (Click here to learn the benefits of power napping.)
- Do get enough sleep. You’ll be a mess otherwise. (Stressed? Read this article to learn how to get those valuable zzz’s, even when you’re stressed out.)
Here are some related articles that might help you manage your time and, therefore, de-stress your college life: