Valentine’s Day For The Singleton
As I write this, I’m single. And there’s no shame in that.
And when I actually publish this post, it’ll be around the holiday dreaded by Singletons everywhere: Valentine’s Day.
I’m not going to pretend that I hate Valentine’s Day for the following reasons:
- It’s a holiday made up by the card companies to sell teddy bears and chocolates.
- It’s disgustingly overrated, even if you’re in a relationship.
- It lands on a Saturday this year, so Singletons will have to a) stay indoors and avoid all human contact or b) deal with the sight of googly-eyed, young-and-in-luuurve couples while they stroll around in the cold February slush. (Oh, my. How romantique.)
No. No, friends, no. I’m not going to be bitter this year (on the outside, anyway). I’ve made up a list of fun things for Single Gals (and Guys) to do on this not-so-special day. Enjoy!
- Bake and eat cookies. Decorate them with phrases like “Love Stinks” and “I’ve Got a Heart On” (tee hee hee).
- Watch movies. No romantic comedies! Stick with classics like The Shining, Psycho, Kill Bill (1 & 2) or, a couple of my personal favorites, Ginger Snaps and Sweeney Todd.
- Play “What Celebrity Couple Will Break Up First”. It’s a classic. Take bets with friends- whoever guesses the celebrity couple to break up first wins the pot. Good times!
- Take a spa day. Get a pedicure or a manicure with the girls- or just light some tea candles and take a soothing epsom bubble bath at home.
- Drink. And drink some more. Heck, yes! It lands on a Saturday this year! Go drink quatro margaritas with your gals (and your one gay male friend)!
This entry was posted on February 12, 2009 at 6:00 am and is filed under Articles, College Stuff, Fun Times, How-To, Tips with tags cookies, drinking, holiday, single, singletons, Valentine's Day. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.