10 Things I Hate About Facebook
OK, I admit. Some of these things aren’t exactly Facebook‘s fault, but more the fault of some of the Facebook-using folk. Here, I’ll explain.
- I hate when people list “tanning” in their profile under “Interests”. Tanning is not an interest, nor a hobby. Tanning is bad for your skin. There was this girl in one of my classes in high school who was permanently orange. Me and my (pale) friend called her “The Sun-Dried Tomato”. She looked ridiculous.
- I hate that I actually know people who put “tanning” on their profile under “Interests”.
- When teenage moms take sexy selfie photos with their babies. I’ve only seen this done twice but it disgusted me both times. I hope these babies grow up to see their mom was such a camera/attention/Facebook whore and then rebel by getting tons of piercings and trying drugs.
- Bored “adults” who have WAY too much time on their hands and play a thousand different Facebook games, use a bunch of dumb applications and then invite everybody they know to join in.
- I hate that there is a “Like” option but no “Dislike” option. As my friend Claire said, “I would use that a lot more.”
- People who update their status WAY too many times in a day. “Bob just woke up.” “Bob is brushing his teeth.” “Bob is leaving for work.” “Bob is at work.” “Bob needs to get back to work and stop going on Facebook at work.” “Bob needs to prove he has a fulfilling life by updating his status as often as possible.” “Bob should start a Twitter account.”
- Groups that demand people join because “if we get 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 members, we can stop Facebook from shutting own!!!!!!!1” Lame. Stop it. And yet these groups do actually have thousands and thousands of members. The number of gullible folk in this world is tragic.
- Little 13-year-old emo kids complaining about the stresses of their junior high lives. (They have NO IDEA what they’re in for.)
- Teenagers who constantly put “gettin high wit mah boyeeez 2nite” or the 14-year-olds who put “getting hammered tonight” in their status. Hello, um, people can see your status updates, idiots.
- I hate that Facebook has been going strong for a couple years now and I’m still fully addicted. *le sigh* Facebook, I’d get so much done if it weren’t for you.
So, readers. What do YOU hate about Facebook??