MTV’s “College Life” Interview: Josh
I got the opportunity to interview the stars of MTV’s new reality series, College Life, which airs on Mondays at 10:30 ET.
Here’s what Josh had to say.
1. Tell our readers a little bit about MTV’s “College Life”.
It’s a look at college kids first year in college… there is basically a no holds bar on where we take the camera and what we capture.
2. How did you get involved with the show?
I got involved in the show by being on Andrea’s camera and once MTV realized how complicated our relationship was they asked me to capture my side of what’s going on.
3. Do you think “College Life” will show a realistic representation of college life?
Yes, the show is pretty realistic especially considering we shoot everything ourselves. I would say the biggest downfall though is that the University isn’t backing the show, so it’s hard to show the academic side of college very well.
4. What do you think college-age viewers will think of the show? What will they learn from it?
I would think that a lot of college-age viewers will relate to what they see on the show. College kids watching the show probably have a pretty good feel of what’s going on in college, but I guess it’s cool that they get to see that they’re not the only ones going through certain things. I would say younger viewers not yet in college will get a first look at some of the things to expect and learn what you should and shouldn’t do to be successful in college.
5. How do you think “College Life” compares with shows like “The Real World” and “The Hills”?
College life is more realistic than The Hills in that it shows an average person’s life style. I hope the show can compare in popularity, but it’s in the hands of the audience if the show becomes popular or not.