How to Make Pumping Gas Awkward
(My friend Jaclyn wrote this, as it happened to her recently.)
(Photo by futureatlas.com.)
- Pay at the pump before pumping the gas. To make this awkward, make sure you somehow are unable to access the money in you account. Try enough times that the cashier inside says he is coming out to help in a second.
- Wait….wait….waaaait…….until a random also pumping gas come to help. To increase awkwardness, believe him when he says you can pre-pay inside.
- Go ask the cashier if you can pay inside before pumping gas. When he says you have to pump first, insist you HAVE the money, you just don’t know if you can access it for some reason.
- Find a $10 in you purse to hold you over until you can get to the bank to remove the rest of you money. Pump the gas.
- (Now here is the tricky part!) Make sure the $10 bill blows away in the wind as you are walking inside.
- Be sure to be with friends who have no money. That way, they can’t help at all. As you go in, pray to meet strangers who found your bill and are kind enough to give it back.
- Go to the bank, get the rest of your money, go back to the same station (to prove you did indeed have the money all along) then meet up with the guy who found your money as you are leaving.
- Tell him you in fact do not want his number when he asks. Then laugh along when he says he was kidding.