I was working on my final project for the semester last night (a wretched Flash website which is likely going to go down in history as one of the worst things I’ve ever made, but anyway) and I developed a huge headache. So I took some pills, put a cold cloth on my head and went to bed around 10pm.
For me, going to bed early = waking up early. In this case, 5am. And I could not get back to sleep. Too much stuff going on in my head. I was thinking about how fast this semester went by, how my Flash project is kind of a disaster, how I have two shifts left of my part-time job (hell yeah!) and how I have to pack my stuff up and move, like, three days after Christmas.
Oh yeah. Another update for y’all. Our landlords sold our house six months into our one-year lease. Merry Christmas to us! So, we all had to find new places to live. My friend Jenn, who I met in my first year of college, is going to be living way uptown while I’ll still be downtown. Makes me quite sad, I gotta say. But I’ve found a place literally five houses down from mine- a 6-month subletting dealio– with a nice gal who works a lot. After that, I hope to get a place with my pal Charlsie (best friend from high school who is now a university student in City X).
Anyhoo. Not the point of this post, at all. Getting up before 7:30 makes me ramble, apparently.
I was browsing my old blog posts on here and I came across this one: Kill Jill’s Resolutions For 2010. I wrote a list of goals, included here:
- No chips. I actually gave up eating chips this summer. I’d just like to continue this goal.
- Continue not smoking. I don’t smoke. Never have. I’d like to continue not smoking in 2010.
- Impress people. I want to do well in my second newsroom internship, which starts on Monday. (Yikes.)
- Avoid a full hard-drive. I have to stop downloading legally acquiring new TV shows and movies before watching the old ones I haven’t gotten around to watching yet.
- Avoid relying on credit card too much. This speaks for itself.
How did I do? Let’s see.
- I rarely eat chips. (I prefer popcorn anyway.)
- I still don’t smoke. (Holla!)
- I did do well on my second Journalism internship. I got one helluva recommendation letter from the editor, too. Hells yeah.
- As for #4, it’s still an issue I’m dealing with. But to help battle it, I just bought another computer! Hey-o!
- I still use my credit card, but I always pay it off within the month.
So, all in all, not a bad year, goal-wise. But what about the news?
- Canada won two gold medals at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. And Sidney Crosby got even hotter.
- Tiger Woods and his golf club got into a bit of trouble. (Amirite?!)
- Huge volcano thingy in Iceland went off. The sky was black with ash for days. More concern about stranded tourists in Europe than the ecosystem of Iceland.
- Paparazzi suddenly become interested in Sandra Bullock.
- The Social Network came out. That movie is awesome.
- WikiLeaks got their hands on a young girl’s secret diary and posted lots of nasty comments made by the other girls at school. Or something.
I’ll likely make up a list of goals for 2011 soon and post them. Yeah, I can do that.
So. What do you think was the top event of 2010?